The Salle Pleyel was inaugurated on October 18, 1927. It takes its name from Ignace Pleyel, composer and founder in 1807 of the famous Pleyel piano factory. In 1925, Gustave Lyon, polytechnician and engineer, took over the reins of the company and launched the construction site of La Salle. The construction was entrusted to the architect Jacques Marcel Auburtin but, following his death, André Granet and Jean-Baptiste Mathon replaced him. The site then began in December on land located at 252 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. The only symphonic concert hall in the capital, Pleyel is considered one of the greatest French halls of the 20th century.

Learn more

Nearby Parkings