The official inauguration of the restaurant dates back to the construction of the building by the architect Charpentier in 1839.But it wasn’t until 1860, when it was christened “La Taverne de France” bythe new owner MrAugis, that it become the “place to be” for Napoleon III’sParisian elite.
In 1880, Augis’ successor, Scaliet, made the restaurant what it is today bynaming it “Lucas”, and most importantly by ordering from Majorelle thesculpted woodwork which adorns the restaurant, turning it into an Art Nouveauchef-d’oeuvre which enticed art-lovers from all over the world.
In the interwar period, Mr Carton purchased the restaurant and added hissurname to the name already above the door. Since 1924, Lucas Carton has satopposite the Madeleine Church.

Learn more


Nearby Parkings